2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry still reeling from this, but IS A on Wednesday!!!! I am truly so excited and can't wait to meet some of you in person!!! On a different note, has anyone who's recently been accepted not been accepted to the class FB yet?

Yo congrats!!! Saw you around the past two years so i’m truly happy you got your A

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry still reeling from this, but IS A on Wednesday!!!! I am truly so excited and can't wait to meet some of you in person!!! On a different note, has anyone who's recently been accepted not been accepted to the class FB yet?
Congratulations!!!

congrats! was it call or email

Yo congrats!!! Saw you around the past two years so i’m truly happy you got your A

Congratulations!!!

Aw thank all of you guys 😭 it's been a long journey, but can't thank all of you enough for keeping me sane. Truly an amazing community. I got the call on Wednesday afternoon and all of the emails came in yesterday! Still waiting on my email from student health about immunizations, but have everything else.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aw thank all of you guys 😭 it's been a long journey, but can't thank all of you enough for keeping me sane. Truly an amazing community. I got the call on Wednesday afternoon and all of the emails came in yesterday! Still waiting on my email from student health about immunizations, but have everything else.
That is amazing! Congratulations! I recall seeing your posts in the last cycle! It will be good to have you on campus! Again, congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I know some people are still ‘plan to enroll’ and waiting on other schools for waitlist movement, but I believe the number of offers out is the size of the class already
I believe at least 35 people have been pulled from the WL already

Reactions: 1 user
I am an IS applicant for the next cycle. I have a 510 MCAT and my goal is UNC Med. Should I retake the mcat?
I’m IS and currently on the waitlist here but I regret retaking a 509. It didn’t change meaningfully and went down 2 points the second time. A 510 makes you competitive/ on par with most NC schools except Duke. Just keep doing your activities and engaging with patients and people in your community. Craft your personal statement and application well to fit who you are and you’ll do well.

Reactions: 3 users
If you have the time and energy to do so, then yes it would make you more competitive because the average mcat for in state is 512. However, there are a lot of other parts to your application and if those are strong, it might be okay
Do you think having a 510 makes me uncompetitive? I have a decent GPA and pretty good EC's. I just don't want the MCAT to be the thing that drags me down if I could retake it.

Do you think having a 510 makes me uncompetitive? I have a decent GPA and pretty good EC's. I just don't want the MCAT to be the thing that drags me down if I could retake it.
Not at all. Dude I got in with a 501 how tf does that happen, your MCAT won’t be the reason if you did receive an R

Reactions: 1 users