2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the FAFSA delay this year will result in overall less waitlist movement? Not sure if I'm math-ing things right, but if a school historically over-admits with the expectation that some students will be declining and no students decline, that means there won't be any WL movement, right? Ngl that's my greatest fear at the moment... :(
There are a fixed number of seats. The timing for the filling of these seats may shift but the number of seats remains the same.
A few schools will miscalculate every year. This does not change the bigger picture.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
There are a fixed number of seats. The timing for the filling of these seats may shift but the number of seats remains the same.
A few schools will miscalculate every year. This does not change the bigger picture.
You're right, I'm probably just overthinking things. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the FAFSA delay this year will result in overall less waitlist movement? Not sure if I'm math-ing things right, but if a school historically over-admits with the expectation that some students will be declining and no students decline, that means there won't be any WL movement, right? Ngl that's my greatest fear at the moment... :(
I have been looking for AI that can give me my exact probability of acceptance.:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m on 4 WL and only 1 has reported WL movement (and it’s been very minimal). Is this normal? Does this mean there won’t be any WL movement really or is it just going to be later this year ??

Reactions: 1 user
I’m on 4 WL and only 1 has reported WL movement (and it’s been very minimal). Is this normal? Does this mean there won’t be any WL movement really or is it just going to be later this year ??

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friend, I think the answer is it depends. It's true that FAFSA has delayed things this year, but each school is different. So WL movement could either be delayed or there could be none for the school(s) you're interested in. I know it's an unsatisfying answer, but at least it's comforting to know that we're not going through this alone. Hugs to all <3

Reactions: 5 users