Rad Onc Twitter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I always (for as long as I was aware of it) thought PAE would be a good adjunct after definitive XRT in prostate ca.

Members don't see this ad.

Starts out with a misunderstanding of how PE tries to make money in medicine (no one would ever intentionally create a 'toxic asset' in order to turn it around and sell it that's not how any of this works- sure, they may saddle it with a ton of debt which is then paid back to the PE firm a la Red Lobster real estate, but they weren't planning on prepping Red Lobster for a sale), then says we should all ask around about ROCR to see if we support it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Urology even trying to own IR procedures. I’ve got to think if rad onc had even half the ownership culture of urology we wouldn’t be giving up radiopharm and going the employed route in droves.
Radiopharmaceuticals are too niche to move the needle for us, how about we do the low hanging fruit like stopping the push to eliminate rt and reduce fractions while we overtrain in the specialty?

Uro and derm are damn good about keeping a lid on how many they train every year. Biggest thing we can do to effect change is control our own supply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
1716871561818.png

New fear unlocked.

• Wow
Stop contributing to IO-hesitancy with your fear mongering!

We freak out over rare one offs with IO yet if you try and discuss or publish any events even remotely critical of c*vid v*x you’re STILL an anti-science quack.

Suspect this website will get censored soon for contributing to proton and spaceOAR hesitancy along the same lines.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Ex vivo priming of the immune system to fight cancer???? What an incredibly novel concept! Such an idea surely hasn’t existed since the 1990s and, since then, produced incredible breakthroughs that we see every day like . . . Provenge.

Immune modulation by any way we can think to do it has been tried dozens of times in glioblastoma.

It's still being promoted as leading edge, revolutionary, high impact publications, etc...

It's gotten to the point where some centers do single arm only or have patients come cash pay for immune modulation or vaccines.

Do we even want to know if it works or not if it draws patients?

That last sentence brought to you in conjunction with proton therapy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Immune modulation by any way we can think to do it has been tried dozens of times in glioblastoma.

It's still being promoted as leading edge, revolutionary, high impact publications, etc...

It's gotten to the point where some centers do single arm only or have patients come cash pay for immune modulation or vaccines.

You both forgot the vitamin C infusions. Secret sauce that ties everything together

noticed a number of pts recently paying out of pocket for vaccines in germany

This is too bad. CURB suggested a possible benefit in the oligoprogressive setting. Wonder what we will see in the final pub

• Sad
1717269094656.png

Excuse me?

Multiple courses of SBRT over 6 months? With no limits?

And at 6 months we stop? So, the met that pops up at 6 months + 1 day was also not subjected to the intervention, where‘s the difference?

I suggest we should also then change the endpoint from PFS to BMFFS (bone marrow failure free survival)?

🤣🤣🤣

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 387458

Excuse me?

Multiple courses of SBRT over 6 months? With no limits?

And at 6 months we stop? So, the met that pops up at 6 months + 1 day was also not subjected to the intervention, where‘s the difference?

I suggest we should also then change the endpoint from PFS to BMFFS (bone marrow failure free survival)?

🤣🤣🤣
My pest exterminator charged me $100 to get rid of my rat infestation. One month later, there were even more rats! I complained, but he told me it was unfair because those “new” rats were obviously not “subject to his intervention.” He asked me for $100/month for the next six months and told me that would be best.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
My pest exterminator charged me $100 to get rid of my rat infestation. One month later, there were even more rats! I complained, but he told me it was unfair because those “new” rats were obviously not “subject to his intervention.” He asked me for $100/month for the next six months and told me that would be best.
Oligoprogression. That is the key indication… and the endpoint should be freedom from needing to escalate systemic therapy and/or freedom from G3+ progression/tx related tox, because those are the best reasons to treat a metastatic patient with a locally ablative therapy.

Reactions: 1 users
Oligoprogression >>>>> consolidation all day long I'm not surprised this trial was negative. I would also add "ability to take a break from systemic treatment" as another endpoint, as we've seen a bit in prostate cancer.