The Republic of Texas XLII: You Don't Just Move Into Texas, It Moves Into You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist is heating upšŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
If we get a TMDSAS A off the WL and already have one, when do you needa decide by? I didn't get a specific date from my schools

If we get a TMDSAS A off the WL and already have one, when do you needa decide by? I didn't get a specific date from my schools
If you get a WL offer by phone they will usually follow it up with an email giving you the deadline. It can be short!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get a WL offer by phone they will usually follow it up with an email giving you the deadline. It can be short!
It wasn't by phone. Just an email without any deadline. The letter didn't specify a deadline either. I looked everywhere in the AMP portal

1. I take the time to follow all the TX threads and round up the news here.
2. Some members DM me their info instead of posting it.
Thank you. Do you think there will still be any movement on the waitlist this late in the cycle?

yes, for at least the next 3-4 weeks.
This gives me so much hope. It seems like I am clinging to hope since the Match day. If I have already matched at a Texas school then I have Only one week to be accepted by UTSW since deadline is May 15?? Or we can be accepted off of wait list anytime before June?

This gives me so much hope. It seems like I am clinging to hope since the Match day. If I have already matched at a Texas school then I have Only one week to be accepted by UTSW since deadline is May 15?? Or we can be accepted off of wait list anytime before June?
You have until May 15th. I think you knew that, though.

Texas Roundup: May 9, 2024

May 6-8 2024
1 McGovern offer of admission from WL, IS, deciding
1 UTMB offer of admission from WL, IS
1 Long offer of admission from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at TCU
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM, OOS

If I don't mark IS/OOS on some of these, it's because I don't know that information.

Reactions: 1 user
Texas Roundup: May 7 2004

May 7 2004

1 SHSU
offer of admission from WL
1 UTSW offer of admission from WL, IS
1 UIWSOM offer of admission from WL
1 Long offer of admission from WL, OOS
1 McGovern offer of admission from WL, OOS, deciding

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UTMB, IS
@wysdoc I think you accidentally typed 2004 instead of 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone feel like this med school app process has been a rite of passage? Like we have gained maturity beyond imagination, just by having gone through this? I feel like I've changed as a person. But young ppl blow stuff outta proportion & maybe that's what I'm doin. Every year is gonna have growth, this one might only seem special bc of what happened

Reactions: 7 users
If I accept an offer from a school I was waitlisted at, is this binding? Or can I accept it now and then decide between the two schools before May 15th? Sorry if this has been asked before

If I accept an offer from a school I was waitlisted at, is this binding? Or can I accept it now and then decide between the two schools before May 15th? Sorry if this has been asked before
At this point in the cycle you will not be holding 2 schools at once for very long.
Check on your new offer to see exactly when you need to give them your decision.

The time is now to compare these 2 schools- either turn down your new offer and stick with your current school, or accept the WL offer and withdraw from school # 1.

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point in the cycle you will not be holding 2 schools at once for long.
Check on your new offer to see exactly when you need to give them your decision.

The time is now to compare these 2 schools- either turn down your new offer and stick with your current school, or accept the WL offer and withdraw from school # 1.
Got it, thank you!

Sure, and congratulations-
I know it seems crazy after all this waiting to have to make a quick decision, but it sometimes happens this way
Thank you!! It's crazy that I have less than a week to make a decision that'll effect the rest of my life :oops:

At this point in the cycle you will not be holding 2 schools at once for long.

So is May 15th the deadline to decide between multiple offers in TMDSAS? I've only found that it's the last date waitlist offers can be made for current acceptees, but really unclear on the deadline to choose between schools

So is May 15th the deadline to decide between multiple offers in TMDSAS? I've only found that it's the last date waitlist offers can be made for current acceptees, but really unclear on the deadline to choose between schools
You are right about the May 15 date.
I was mainly trying to emphasize to the person asking that they may have only a few days to decide between their 2 TMDSAS offers, and it is not like AMCAS where you can hold multiple offers for long periods of time.
At this point a person must compare the 2, see what the decision deadline is from the new WL offer, and decline one of the two.

Last edited:
You are right about the May 15 date.
I was mainly trying to emphasize to the person asking that they may have only a few days to decide between their 2 TMDSAS offers, and it is not like AMCAS where you can hold multiple offers for long periods of time.
At this point a person must compare the 2, see what the decision deadline is not the new WL offer, and decline one of the two.
Ngl, I'm a lil confused. Did you mean to say "what the decision deadline is from the new WL offer"

If there isn't no all-encompassing deadline to choose between 2 offers in TMDSAS at this point of the cycle and if it depends on a school-specific deadline, I'm at a loss for what we do if the school doesn't give a deadline. I do need some time to consider this one - I'm hoping to visit the place & meet with a couple students. But I don't wanna be violating any deadlines. I mean, if anything, the school would send some sort of notice to make a decision right? Not sure if they can see if I have another offer to begin with

Ngl, I'm a lil confused. Did you mean to say "what the decision deadline is from the new WL offer"

If there isn't no all-encompassing deadline to choose between 2 offers in TMDSAS at this point of the cycle and if it depends on a school-specific deadline, I'm at a loss for what we do if the school doesn't give a deadline. I do need some time to consider this one - I'm hoping to visit the place & meet with a couple students. But I don't wanna be violating any deadlines. I mean, if anything, the school would send some sort of notice to make a decision right? Not sure if they can see if I have another offer to begin with

TMDSAS schools can see that have a Match, but the fact that you are on their WL means they also know you ranked them higher.
It's up to you to respectfully ask the school what their deadline is for a decision from you, if one was not specified.

It would be preferable if students who got a waitlist offer decide quickly so that others who have a 15th deadline are able to use any openings created.

Reactions: 9 users
Texas Roundup: May 11, 2024

213966033_10164382203898504_1289633072445266574_n.jpg

It's pretty quiet here, y'all
Has the record-breaking heat put everyone into a torpor?
Has the happiness of college graduation, (followed by a hailstorm for Texas State grads ā›ˆļøšŸ’Øā›ˆļø!) kept you busy and offline?

-The last day for Texans who already have a TMDSAS acceptance to be eligible for another offer from a TMDSAS WL is May 15th. I don't know if that deadline is 5PM, midnight, or ??
-If you're holding 2 TMDSAS schools right now, please try to decide & withdraw from one soon. I know it's hard.
-After May 15, Texans with no acceptances and OOS TMDSAS applicants are the only ones who'll get the remaining WL offers, if any.
-Texas Tech Lubbock recently reached out to WL folks to see if they are still interested, which means they are meeting, have looked at their WL, and will make offers soon to people who want to attend Lubbock.

May 8-9 2024
Up For Grabs Again:

1 spot relinquished at A & M, IS
1 new WL offer from Long, IS, declined

Reactions: 3 users
Texas Roundup: May 11, 2024

View attachment 386584
It's pretty quiet here, y'all
Has the record-breaking heat put everyone into a torpor?
Has the happiness of college graduation, (followed by a hailstorm for Texas State grads ā›ˆļøšŸ’Øā›ˆļø!) kept you busy and offline?

-The last day for Texans who already have a TMDSAS acceptance to be eligible for another offer from a WL is May 15th. I don't know if that deadline is 5PM, midnight, or ??
-If you're holding 2 TMDSAS schools right now, please try to decide & withdraw from one soon. I know it's hard.
-After May 15, Texans with no acceptances and OOS TMDSAS applicants are the only ones who'll get the remaining WL offers, if any.
-Texas Tech Lubbock recently reached out to WL folks to see if they are still interested, which means they are meeting, have looked at their WL, and will make offers soon to people who want to attend Lubbock.

May 8-9 2024
Up For Grabs Again:

1 new WL offer from Long, IS, declined
If I am reading the posts correctly:
The person who declined Long, has a spot at UTMB, also is offered a spot at UTSW. So UTMB should get an opening?

If I am reading the posts correctly:
The person who declined Long, has a spot at UTMB, also is offered a spot at UTSW. So UTMB should get an opening?
I try to keep things a tiny bit anonymized on the Texas Roundup, the only new factoid is that a new WL offer at Long was turned down and so is up for grabs to someone else

Thank you!! It's crazy that I have less than a week to make a decision that'll effect the rest of my life :oops:
Your decision may open up a spot for someone in the waitlist. Few more days are not going to make a difference. Think through it and make a decision and never look back.

Texas Roundup: May 13, 2024

May 10-13 2024

1 UTMB offer of admission from WL, IS, accepted
1 UTSW offer of admission from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Long, OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Texas Roundup: May 14, 2024 "A little bit of everything"

May 13-14 2024
2 Long
offers of admission from WL
1 TCU offer of admission from WL
1 A & M offer of admission from WL, IS
1 SHSU offer of admission from WL, IS
1 McGovern offer of admission from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Texas Tech El Paso, IS
1 spot relinquished at TCOM, IS
1 spot relinquished at Texas Tech Lubbock, IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
To all my fellow WLs (who have an a A already), although the deadline is rapidly approaching, just remember to be grateful that at least one school wanted us. So, keep your head high and become the best physician you can!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Is there a specific time today when offers stop going out? and do we have to switch PTE to CTE at any point or can we leave that as is?

Is there a specific time today when offers stop going out? and do we have to switch PTE to CTE at any point or can we leave that as is?
I would say to leave everything alone today.
I can't find a time of day specified for the last WL offers to go to Texans who already hold a TMDSAS acceptance, so keep an eye on your emails & answer any Texas phone calls today.
The only thing I can say for sure is there won't be more offers to this specific group May 16 or later.

"After 5:00 p.m. CST on May 15, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to a Texas resident applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas.ā€Æ " VIA TMDSAS guidelines

"After 5:00 p.m. CST on May 15, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to a Texas resident applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas.ā€Æ " VIA TMDSAS guidelines
Can you link the source please, I wasnā€™t able to find a time deadline on it

Hello, does anyone here have experience negotiating fin aid offers between two TMDSAS schools? FWIW, Iā€™m OOS and applied through TMDSAS. How would I do it respectfully and who specifically should I email about it (dean, fin aid office, etc)?

As the WLs expire now for IS applicants with As, I want to wish everyone good luck.

Reactions: 12 users
will you get confirmation of your WL position getting removed or do you just assume that ur position is automatically removed? or do we have to remove ourselves from the WL?

will you get confirmation of your WL position getting removed or do you just assume that ur position is automatically removed? or do we have to remove ourselves from the WL?
You donā€™t have to take any action, and I donā€™t believe there is a formal notification but some schools might send a message.
Face forward to plans at your current school!

If I decline a WL offer for school B and they had told me that they had told school A they were offering me a spot- should I also inform school A that I will be staying there?

Texas Roundup: May 16, 2024
Texans who will be attending a TMDSAS school: The school you have right now is your school.
No more horse-trading or swapping up for another TMDSAS school.

Maybe you got a WL offer in the last week or so - if that was your first TMDSAS acceptance, woo-hoo! You're going to Texas!
If your recent WL offer was a second Texas school- Sorry, you hafta throw one of those fish back in the river while it can still swim away.

May 15 2024
Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at TCOM, IS

Nobody reported any "new" WL offers to a TMDSAS school yesterday on SDN, but there may have been some that people haven't shared. The 2 schools dropped above are related to WL offers within the last couple of weeks and a decision made.

Reactions: 3 users
If I decline a WL offer for school B and they had told me that they had told school A they were offering me a spot- should I also inform school A that I will be staying there?
@the-cheesehead It would be kind of you to do that; tell them you are committed to attending there.
Also clearly message your new "WL offer school" with your regrets that you will be turning them down.

Texas Roundup: May 17, 2024

May 16-17 2024

1 A & M
offer of admission from WL, IS
1 Long offer of admission from WL, IS
1 SHSU offer of admission from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
2 WL offers from McGovern recently, IS, declined

The new WL offers went out to people with no previous TMDSAS acceptances.
Share your news!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users