WAMC Non trad Canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanGrinder

Reaction score
Hi guys, I could really use some guidance on applications. Any and all help is appreciated.

GPA Sub 2.0 cgpa and spa (excluding post bacc gpa)
Post bacc GPA: 3.87cgpa (51 credit hours) 3.81sgpa (30 credit hours). Opted for a second bachelors (2 years) due to the limited post-bacc options in Canada, currently done year 1 (39 credit hours). Additionally I retook (12 credit hours) pre reqs in which I got a C- or lower online (in person labs) at a different school.

Includes classes like: Biostats, Pathophysiology, Parasitology, Epidemiology etc..

MCAT: Scheduled for mid August (scored a sub 510 on AAMC FL's last year, building back up to that)
Ethnicity: South Asian Male
Clinical Hours 4000+
Volunteer Hours: 1500+
Other/Hobbies: 5000+
No research posters or pubs until now, but poster presentation plus one year of research as apart of the second year of my program (2024-2025).

While combining both my pre req re takes and my post bacc program, I should have a 3.85+ gpa in 84 credit hours of course work by April 2025. No reason for doing bad in my first undergrad besides not caring/trying. I've held a couple leadership positions in school and have many achievements in my other hobbies. I have strong reqs from MD's ive worked with during my clinical experiences as well as 2 profs (1 science). While I know it's best to apply as early as possible, I was wondering if I should submit primaries at holistic schools without MCAT cut offs (e.g. Wayne- State). My app would be complete for mid September, and id aim to submit secondaries as fast as possible. Only looking to apply to 10-15 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please provide details as requested on the template: *~*~*~*IMPORTANT: How to Format Your WAMC Thread for Optimal Results and More!!*~*~*~*

It is also difficult to give you an effective answer without your official MCAT score. That said, depending on your coursework for your second bachelor's being more relevant, you look like you've reinvented yourself.

What is your citizenship status for the US? If you remain Canadian, it's easier to send you a smaller list. That said, you should do whatever you can to get experience in the US healthcare system.