This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1190983

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums.

What is your state of legal residence? Can you complete a template?

You are good for DO. MD is possible with a very strong mission fit. Without your state of residence and your experiences, I can't give you more insight.

Just understand the quality of response you get depends on what information we have. You can't expect a 4K answer if you only give us a two pixel profile.

That said, did you grow up in rural Iowa? What's your GPA? (Seriously, follow the template.)

You ought to have a shot at Des Moines DO, maybe AT Still MO DO. Have you chatted with them? Why aren't you interested in them? Perhaps your in-state could give you a look (especially if you grew up in rural Iowa). What advice have you received from the UIowa admissions team? Maybe Creighton? That would seal your decision to retake the MCAT, though if you think you can score 514+ in a retake, go for it as it will open the AMCAS doors for you.

If you get to 50 hours shadowing at submission (which you should for AACOMAS), you'd probably be in good shape. No guarantee for offer since I don't have a sense of your purpose as a physician, though your disability activism may be revealing... I just don't know for sure.

Reactions: 1 user