2023-2024 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m guessing there has been some WL movement that hasn’t been reported here because the FB group keeps going up
Not sure tbh didn’t movement happen on friday/saturday last year? Also i have a feeling if the wl did move then people would say something- previously accepted students may be just joining the fb group so i don’t think it’s a good measure of WL movement imo

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an A off the WL, planning to decline! Interviewed in November and WL in February

Just got A off waitlist @9am this morning, interviewed september waitlisted in november

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A off the WL! Does anyone know how to connect to the GroupMe or Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 users
A off the WL!!! My first of the cycle, so excited! Interviewed in November

• Love
I also got a A off the waitlist at 9 am this morning!

OOS A off WL! Where can I connect with the Facebook group/Groupme?

Just got the A this morning too!! If anyone has the link to the GroupMe or Facebook and could share, would be appreciated!!

Does anyone know when we can expect info on financial aid? Hoping to use that to help make my decision regarding accepting my spot from waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you see the link to submit the deposit? never found it on the box doc?
There’s instructions in the portal, but you need a NetID to do it. They didn’t give me one or I couldn’t find it, so I’m trying to email them about it

Do yall know when classes begin at georgetown this fall i cant seem to find anything online.

Do yall know when classes begin at georgetown this fall i cant seem to find anything online.
Orientation Jul 31st! Also there is a Facebook group you should join to also get onto the groupme

As an M3, people get off the waitlist super late (until Mid-late June). Regarding finding a place to stay, I highly recommend checking out the facebook for housing from older students, because that's probably gonna be the cheapest options to live in Georgetown.

Guys will we still be considered for institutional aid if we do the FAFSA and CSS? I had no idea we were supposed to do the Google form. Am I cooked?

Guys will we still be considered for institutional aid if we do the FAFSA and CSS? I had no idea we were supposed to do the Google form. Am I cooked?
I would check with them but didn’t they say no exceptions for those who didn't fill out that google form on the portal 😕

There’s instructions in the portal, but you need a NetID to do it. They didn’t give me one or I couldn’t find it, so I’m trying to email them about it

Also not sure how to submit the deposit? it seems like maybe I need to accept offer before submitting deposit. if you previously planned to enroll at a dif school are you supposed to drop the other school to do deposit or can you do that before accepting offer per se? sorry if confusing just wanna know if I have to make that commitment within a week since the offer technically is for 2 weeks?

based on previous years, does anyone know whether they accept a batch of waitlisters every week on the same day? or is it more random?

Did you end up getting yours? Still have yet to see my credentials and the deposit is due tomorrow for me🙃🙃

Also not sure how to submit the deposit? it seems like maybe I need to accept offer before submitting deposit. if you previously planned to enroll at a dif school are you supposed to drop the other school to do deposit or can you do that before accepting offer per se? sorry if confusing just wanna know if I have to make that commitment within a week since the offer technically is for 2 weeks?
You need your net id and guID , but it takes multiple days to get that generated which is why i think the one week deadline for accepting and paying is scary lmao

Did you end up getting yours? Still have yet to see my credentials and the deposit is due tomorrow for me🙃🙃
I ended up declining the acceptance unfortunately, so I didn't end up doing the whole process. However, I did email the admissions office and the IT office, and they were able to send me the info.

I am an applicant for the next cycle and have a 510 MCAT. Is that okay for Georgetown or should I retake?
It's under their median, but that doesn't mean you should retake it
Make a school list around your own stats and application, dont build your app around a single school

I am an applicant for the next cycle and have a 510 MCAT. Is that okay for Georgetown or should I retake?

I got a 510 and Georgetown accepted me this cycle ! I was also accepted by several other schools with median MCATs of 515-516 - just something to keep in mind :)