2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious - who reads these applications ? The graduate school or medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious - who reads these applications ? The graduate school or medical school?
If I remember correctly, they both work on it together but the medical school committee also checks as the students will be incoming med students after successful completion so they have a say with the incoming medical school class

Based on the feedback during the information sessions and interview day, the medical school makes the decision on admission to the program; this makes sense as these students have been conditionally admitted to their upcoming class. The role of the graduate school seems largely administrative; this is not to undermine the significance of their role at all as they seem to play the very important student affairs function for these students who aren’t technically medical students yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
The medical school admissions committee (some of their roles overlap into DPMS admin as well)

Reactions: 1 user
Is it safe to assume that they won’t be extending any more interviews?

For anyone who submitted their application on the day of the deadline - have you heard back yet ?

I believe the last day to interview is Monday so unless they have more dates I think this is the case. I assume that those people who interview next week are already scheduled.

Members don't see this ad :)

hmm no idea. The email I got from dpms said interviews until end of may but idk what end of May is for them. That could be next week (the 20th) or the following .

I believe the last day to interview is Monday so unless they have more dates I think this is the case. I assume that those people who interview next week are already scheduled.
Thank you. I’ll just wait and see. I also don’t want to stay in delulu land if you know what I mean lol 😅

hmm no idea. The email I got from dpms said interviews until end of may but idk what end of May is for them. That could be next week (the 20th) or the following .
Thank you!

Manifesting that tomorrow is the day the first round of decisions come out 🤞🏽

Reactions: 6 users
I want to reach out about a rejection or interview but don’t want to be annoying 😭

Reactions: 2 users
I want to reach out about a rejection or interview but don’t want to be annoying 😭
I’m honestly kinda surprised that there are so many of us that haven’t heard anything back (rejection or interview). Sadness.
I really hope they put us out of our misery today 🥲

I’m honestly kinda surprised that there are so many of us that haven’t heard anything back (rejection or interview). Sadness.
I really hope they put us out of our misery today 🥲

do u think it's a lot of ppl left "under review" still or just a few.

And did they send out most rejection emails this week ?

I just logged into my portal and did notice a difference. They updated one of my transcripts on 5/14. I could have sworn it was marked complete on the day I applied. So it seems like something was changed. Who knows? 🫠

I don’t know if it’s a lot, but at least 3-4 people on here - and there are not many applicants on here. So that seems like a bit. But at the end of the day this is all speculation. It could also just be that those that haven’t heard back are more likely to be posting on here more. :/

I was really hoping we would get decisions today for people who interviewed in April :( the wait continues...

I was really hoping we would get decisions today for people who interviewed in April :( the wait continues...

What time do you think they typically send emails
Do you think it would be morning or end of the day

Be patient. The first person who posted an A in the the thread last year said the email came at 4:38PM ET. Maybe it’s not today, maybe it is next week, but the day isn’t over.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s okay to be sad/upset, if you are. I’ve said it many times but this timeline is harsh and makes it difficult to plan ahead. Patience can only do so much… hopefully Drexel can better streamline the progress to give students more wiggle room

Be patient. The first person who posted an A in the the thread last year said the email came at 4:38PM ET. Maybe it’s not today, maybe it is next week, but the day isn’t over.
Ty for that ♥️

• Love
It’s okay to be sad/upset, if you are. I’ve said it many times but this timeline is harsh and makes it difficult to plan ahead. Patience can only do so much… hopefully Drexel can better streamline the progress to give students more wiggle room
Not so much upset, but a little anxious. I have a couple of big decisions that I have to make soon, some academic, some personal, and pretty much all of those decisions depend on whether I get into this program or not. The timeline really does make it difficult to plan ahead! But I know that what is meant to be, will be. I'm going to try not to check SDN anymore until I hear directly from Drexel. Good luck to everyone that is waiting to hear back, my fingers are crossed that we'll all be colleagues in the future 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
It seems like they are behind/delayed on the process this year more than other previous cycle years

It seems like they are behind/delayed on the process this year more than other previous cycle years
They are on par with our year but definitely doing better with timing compared to previous years.. trust me! :)

I feel like they did send out II earlier this year than last year and I thought decisions would be out sooner too but I guess not :(

Do you think they would possibly send decisions over the weekend?
Has anyone gotten an A yet?

Do you think they would possibly send decisions over the weekend?
Has anyone gotten an A yet?
I remember reading an old thread and I think someone said their decision was sent on a Sunday, not too sure tho.

Checked my portal and it still says a decision hasn’t been made

Yea same, if you don't mind, when did you interview?
I remember reading an old thread and I think someone said their decision was sent on a Sunday, not too sure tho.

Checked my portal and it still says a decision hasn’t been made

Yea same, if you don't mind, when did you interview?
I interviewed on April 17. Was really hoping today would be the day as I would have to plan a move across the country and would like to know whether I will be submitting a med school app or not but I can wait a little longer

Last edited:
Oh wow. I interviewed May 6th, but I believe last year there was a May interview that had a decision come out the first round.

Thank you. I’ll just wait and see. I also don’t want to stay in delulu land if you know what I mean lol 😅
This is just assumption based off what I’ve seen and what people are posting. Not 100% for sure. Stay positive.

I interviewed April 15th. I just got into medical school so I’ll be withdrawing my application from DPMS. I really hope you all here good news soon and are able to partake in this amazing program! Good luck everyone!
(Also to help with clarification, I took the Casper May 2023 for the 2023-2024 cycle and because I sent it to Drexel, they said that the score will suffice for the Casper Requirement even though I took it during the last application cycle.)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed April 15th. I just got into medical school so I’ll be withdrawing my application from DPMS. I really hope you all here good news soon and are able to partake in this amazing program! Good luck everyone!
(Also to help with clarification, I took the Casper May 2023 for the 2023-2024 cycle and because I sent it to Drexel, they said that the score will suffice for the Casper Requirement even though I took it during the last application cycle.)
Congratulations!

Trying to stay hopeful, but also don’t want to be perpetually anxious lol. What will be, will be. I appreciate all the support on here! Y’all are great :) I do hope that in the future DPMS will let those that are not offered a II notice of a rejection sooner so that we are not held in limbo and can make other life decisions. Whomp.

Wishing you ALLLLLL the best during the rest of this cycle ❤️ Remember your “whys” and the rest will fall in place.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Interviews should go throughout the last week of May on every Monday and Wednesday

Those that got interviews do you mind sharing stats? Would appreciate it!
cGgpa: 2.9, sGPA: 3.01. MCAT:499 I’m a reapplicant, so I really focused on making my personal statement explain my motivation for medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed Le and she said that decisions will start going out over the next 3 weeks but since the medical school makes the decisions, she is unsure when in the next 3 weeks they may start. She also said by the second week of June, applicants will know whether or not they were accepted.

The wait continues.

Reactions: 3 users
The first wave of decisions were already out at this time last year so I wonder what the hold up is

The first wave of decisions were already out at this time last year so I wonder what the hold up is
This. This is wild. I’m hoping that she is keeping it intentionally vague because the information she has is vague and that it doesn’t take them three more weeks to send out decisions.