This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CabbageNoodles

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I will never enter medical school. It's a bitter reality that I'm still trying to swallow.

However, I'm almost done with my biology Bachelor's degree. I've forgotten a lot of the coursework since my last attendance, but I only have a few courses left till graduation.

Life doesn't end with failed career goals. What are some realistic ways forward for a biology graduate? Being a biology teacher in a high school? Working in a biology lab (I hate labs)? Getting hired at a pharmaceutical company? Working in the government in a field like public health?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, even more if you're like me and kissed med school goodbye while still trying to maintain some sanity and love for this thing called life.

Members don't see this ad.

You could sell your soul and work in big pharma sales.
Otherwise, I would maybe start a business.

I'll be honest, I will never enter medical school. It's a bitter reality that I'm still trying to swallow.

However, I'm almost done with my biology Bachelor's degree. I've forgotten a lot of the coursework since my last attendance, but I only have a few courses left till graduation.

Life doesn't end with failed career goals. What are some realistic ways forward for a biology graduate? Being a biology teacher in a high school? Working in a biology lab (I hate labs)? Getting hired at a pharmaceutical company? Working in the government in a field like public health?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, even more if you're like me and kissed med school goodbye while still trying to maintain some sanity and love for this thing called life.
Teaching
Sales rep
Get an MS and you'll have more openings.

Members don't see this ad :)
get masters in something quantitative (MPH, biostat, epidemiology, health policy, health economics) and can work in RWE/HEOR within big pharma, small startup or bigger consulting
roles vary from heavy quant (data scientist) to pure business
rwe - real world evidence/real world data
heor - health economics and outcomes research

Reactions: 1 user
Strongly recommend going for an MS, or if your grades are competitive enough, PhD

With some additional preparatory courses in engineering and mathematics (depends on engineering school), you can apply for admissions to a Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering program.

How often have you met with your university career services office? Take advantage before you graduate. I am guessing you have looked up some social media influencers.

How often have you met with your university career services office? Take advantage before you graduate. I am guessing you have looked up some social media influencers.
Social media influencers? What a joke.