OFFICIAL 2006 MATCH result reporting page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dude why r u up? Im at CMS aka Rosalind Franklin....

Members don't see this ad.

Being a resident on call in the PICU isn't exactly conducive to sleeping! Can you say, hammer-page! Shouldn't you be getting $hitfaced right now???

I dont know about "getting" I would use the term.. "am" better.. I need to stay awake a little more before I decide to lay down.. u know? The wife is sleeping and this is what im doing to kill time until my liver does what i trained it to do!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you go to Level tonight??? I hear that's where your match party was.

curlymd said:
so i've been here all this time reading in silence. congrats all.

ucla-ov em

arrowhead ty

:love: :laugh:

NICE....USC...Arrowhead TY as well..hehehe

uhh yeah.. how did you know that? anywhoo 8-11 open bar.. then a few of us found ways to get more free booze.. and oh yeah i started drinking at 11:01...

Lastly level was only awesome cause we ran that joint tonite! the non vip area was EMPTY!!! but I and most others had a great time! the s.o. didnt feel good so i went solo but its cool i know a lot of people and we had a blast!

11-44 said:
Univ. of Arizona!!!! #1 for my Husband and for couples match. He's headed for Psychiatry.

HAHAHA...I know who you guys...You guys go to my Sschool...we've climbed together..heheheeh....I'm going down south..USC....hahahaha....Congrats couple...hehehe

I know who they are too since they sent an email out with everyones email address.. all that being said im curious to meet my fellow interns!!!

Congratulations everyone.. raise a glass and enjoy. To those of you who are coming to Christiana, we're looking forward to meeting all of you!

Christiana Care Resident
[/SIZE]

EctopicFetus said:
FYI my school released the list. I wont mention names but here is the break down..

2-Christ
UCLA OV
San Antonio Air Force
2- Cook
2- Lincoln
Jacobi
U of Rochester
SoCal
Ohio State
Sparrow
Synergy
Stonybrook
HIghland/Alameda
UT SW
UIC
the Fetus at Arizona!!!!

This is definately a great list! Our school is doing better and better with the match every year.

Now that I've slept, things are sinking in. Still in a little shock, though! I'm so happy for everyone. Do you know anyone else headed to USF/Tampa? For you guys headed to UNC, I have a great friend headed there as well. Others are headed to St. V's/Toledo, Akron General, Metro/Cleveland, Brooklyn and others my brain will probably remember later. We had 13 match EM. Have a great day!

MJBarra said:
I matched at Wash U, my #1. 4 more years of the STL for me :)

That's 3 of us on SDN that ranked Wash U #1 and matched there. PM me your email address, and we'll make sure to get together prior to the first day.

CS

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this year was our school's best match for EM. this is our list...

Denver
Carolinas
Indy
Emory
Temple
UTSW x2
UT Houston x2
Scott and White
NY Methodist
Synergy

Red Runner said:
Matched to ECU in Greenville, NC... my number 1! Congrats to everyone! :)

ECU is such a great program. The people out there rocked. The EM residents really run the hospital out there, totally respected. You will love it. Congrats. It would have been a #1 or #2 if I were matching along, but SO didn't like it for internal medicine.

kbrown said:
ECU is such a great program. The people out there rocked. The EM residents really run the hospital out there, totally respected. You will love it. Congrats. It would have been a #1 or #2 if I were matching along, but SO didn't like it for internal medicine.

Good Morning KB.

CS_22 said:
Good Morning KB.
Morning CS. Oddly enough, I don't feel as sick as I thought after last night.

Successful couples match, going to Henry Ford. WooHoo, gonna be a doctor!

Hey I wanted to say sup to my man CS.. Everything worked out for both of us! Kbrown congrats on getting into a sweet program. I interviewed there nice place great training!

So good to see all the great news on the board. Congrats to everyone. Got my #1 as well- Advocate Christ!

yat, 2 of my classmates will be with you at Christ... congrats!!

jaeida8 said:
I think this year was our school's best match for EM. this is our list...

Denver
Carolinas
Indy
Emory
Temple
UTSW x2
UT Houston x2
Scott and White
NY Methodist
Synergy

Jaeida you guys actually sent 3 to UT-Houston!

Pretty impressive list for not even having a home EM program!

Pretty good year for my class as well, everyone matched who wanted to as far as I know.

11 total going into EM out of 200ish total.

William Beaumont (MI)
2 at UT-Houston
University Hospital (NJ)
Univ. of IL - St. Francis
Hershey/Penn State
UC Davis
Wake Forest
LSU-Shreveport
Univ of Kentucky
LSU-Baton Rouge

headed to nyc baby! :love:

congrats everyone :thumbup:

kbrown said:
Morning CS. Oddly enough, I don't feel as sick as I thought after last night.

Successful couples match, going to Henry Ford. WooHoo, gonna be a doctor!

May get kicked out of med school if they knew how it went down last night...

EctopicFetus said:
Hey I wanted to say sup to my man CS.. Everything worked out for both of us! Kbrown congrats on getting into a sweet program. I interviewed there nice place great training!

You too my man. Congrats on U of A. I'm so glad it worked out for you. Be sure to look me up if you come out to the midwest.

Got my first choice too -- Peoria.

too late to get kicked out of med school methinks...

EM Junkie said:
Pretty good year for my class as well, everyone matched who wanted to as far as I know.

11 total going into EM out of 200ish total.

William Beaumont (MI)
2 at UT-Houston
University Hospital (NJ)
Univ. of IL - St. Francis
Hershey/Penn State
UC Davis
Wake Forest
LSU-Shreveport
Univ of Kentucky
Earl K Long (CA)

What program is Earl K long? I never heard of it...

irrka said:
too late to get kicked out of med school methinks...

I'm sure somewhere in my upcoming contract there's a stipulation about graduating medical school first...

EctopicFetus said:
I found it myself... LSU-Baton Rouge

hmm I think this is a great attempt at post padding by answering a question you already knew the answer to!

just kidding, but thats why time and time again I tell folks that fetus is the postpadding master.

i got a job!
Hennepin County, my #1. Back to the tundra.
Successful couples match.

EctopicFetus said:
What program is Earl K long? I never heard of it...

Thanks for asking and answering your own question Ectopic....

I didn't even know where it was, I just pulled it from our school's match list. If you noticed, it said Earl K Long (CA), as I naturally assumed LA stood for Los Angeles, California!! My bad!

Headed to Indy, and very happy about it.

Corpsman--Sorry we won't get a chance to meet. I know you really liked IU. Iowa City is a great place and a good city in which to raise kids. Cost of living ain't bad either, if you get away from campus.

Congrats and thanks to everyone--you've all been a great help and I've had fun going through this with ya'll.

i got st lukes roosevelt! :love: yay! also, my good friend matched at uc davis.

Hawkeye Kid said:
Headed to Indy, and very happy about it.

Corpsman--Sorry we won't get a chance to meet. I know you really liked IU. Iowa City is a great place and a good city in which to raise kids. Cost of living ain't bad either, if you get away from campus.

Congrats and thanks to everyone--you've all been a great help and I've had fun going through this with ya'll.

I'm sure we'll meet sometime! Congrats on getting Indy. Its funny how you really start to see the good things about the place you match at after the fact. I've already had 4 phone calls and 4 emails from Iowa. The people there were the best people I met anywhere and I actually had them ranked 1st a couple of times during my ROL creation! I did love Indy, and Foughtfyr was the main reason I liked Mayo.

Like I said, I also would have been happy with my number 15 Maricopa, or my number 8 Ohio State, or any in between up or down the list. In the end I am super happy to be heading to Iowa City, a great place to raise 2 small kids and to enjoy a small culturally enriched city. I'm so ready to get to a smaller place with nice people and 4 seasons. Indy was a long shot for me being from the south and being a DO, as was Mayo. I hold no hard feelings! You guys were all extremely incredible competition and I am freaking lucky to be able to say that I will soon be an EM physician. Only 1200 someodd people a year get to say that, and who knows how many go unmatched and never live the dream.

Life is good, and congrats to everyone!! I wouldn't change a thing about the outcome.

corpsmanUP said:
I'm sure we'll meet sometime! Congrats on getting Indy. Its funny how you really start to see the good things about the place you match at after the fact. I've already had 4 phone calls and 4 emails from Iowa. The people there were the best people I met anywhere and I actually had them ranked 1st a couple of times during my ROL creation! I did love Indy, and Foughtfyr was the main reason I liked Mayo.

Like I said, I also would have been happy with my number 15 Maricopa, or my number 8 Ohio State, or any in between up or down the list. In the end I am super happy to be heading to Iowa City, a great place to raise 2 small kids and to enjoy a small culturally enriched city. I'm so ready to get to a smaller place with nice people and 4 seasons. Indy was a long shot for me being from the south and being a DO, as was Mayo. I hold no hard feelings! You guys were all extremely incredible competition and I am freaking lucky to be able to say that I will soon be an EM physician. Only 1200 someodd people a year get to say that, and who knows how many go unmatched and never live the dream.

Life is good, and congrats to everyone!! I wouldn't change a thing about the outcome.

cool attitude, i am the same way, I would have been happy with anything on my list since it equates to being an emergency medicine physician!

I agree with you corpsman, I am getting more jazzed about going to Henry Ford by the hour. My initial frustration and shock was directed at the unbelievable amount of BS involved in this process and the insane amount of deception. I will be the lucky recepient of some kick ass training at HFH, that's why we ranked them. Outstanding program, and everyone who lives in/around Detroit loves it.

On a different note, my best friend will be in Iowa with you, Anna D. I think her pic is right above yours on the composite. She is also very excited to be heading to Iowa City. She is a bit scared because she too has two kids that she has to uproot away from their friends and father. Oh well, you guys (all who matched at Iowa) are so lucky. What an amazing program.

Jack Bauer Lincoln huh man.. 2 people from my school matched there. Congrats!

I am also headed to St. Luke's/Roosevelt.

EctopicFetus said:
DrMoe what school are you from!?
Medical University of Ohio (in Toledo, formerly known as MCO)

EMDrMoe said:
Medical University of Ohio (in Toledo, formerly known as MCO)

Are you new to the Tampa area or originally from there?? I'm asking because I'm from the region.

Panda Bear said:
Sparrow Hospital Program-Lansing Michigan!!

This is a good day!

well well well! lookey here! congrats panda!
if i had decided to go for EM, this would have been one of my top choices, for personal reasons. i may actually be doing my EM rotation there in november ... if so, i'll look for ya.

congrats, again. :)

kbrown said:
I agree with you corpsman, I am getting more jazzed about going to Henry Ford by the hour. My initial frustration and shock was directed at the unbelievable amount of BS involved in this process and the insane amount of deception. I will be the lucky recepient of some kick ass training at HFH, that's why we ranked them. Outstanding program, and everyone who lives in/around Detroit loves it.

I saw your earlier post...we had the same situation...sucks. You get it all in your head your going one way, then suprise! We are headed to the Big D too! My hubs matched at William Beaumont....which is actually a much better program then the one that played the games, so it turned out fine in the end....now I just have to come to terms with the fact I have to live in Detroit. :scared:

EctopicFetus said:

yep, prelim in alabama though, so won't be heading to nyc til next year. So you're in arizona, totally other side of the states haha! So thats 2, and Irrka and La Fiera from here are going to be there!!

EctopicFetus said:

alright, let's hear the dirt on these two: boys/girls, cool/uncool, etc. etc. etc. do your job EF! seriously! you'd think you were hanging out here just to post pad! sheesh!! :rolleyes:
no seriously, let's hear!

irrka said:
alright, let's hear the dirt on these two: boys/girls, cool/uncool, etc. etc. etc. do your job EF! seriously! you'd think you were hanging out here just to post pad! sheesh!! :rolleyes:
no seriously, let's hear!

you can add in good looking if you want too, ahaha, just joking, you might plead the 5th on that one.

CS_22 said:
I'm sure somewhere in my upcoming contract there's a stipulation about graduating medical school first...

no i meant too late for the med school to kick you out. i mean most of us dont have anything left except to come back for graduation i assume. and people have missed their graduation for aeons and aeons. and aeons. so basically there's really not much left.