2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Perhaps this has already been asked, but if thereā€™s a GroupMe for the incoming class could someone share it with me?:)
You're invited to my new group 'Upstate Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Reactions: 1 user
If any accepted folks are willing to share their stats (even a range), that would be super helpful for future students. I know I for one would really appreciate it
509 MCAT, 4.0 GPA. In-state resident. Graduated from an Albany college. Two gap years. Student athlete, unique EMS career, and strong leadership background

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody receive their financial aid package yet? Any idea when they'll release this stuff so I can start planning for loans and figuring out how to pay for an apartment?

No financial aid, but I did receive a couple scholarships so far so I think those are being rolled out now.

Has anyone gotten out of the HPA list this cycle?

in previous years it seems like the HPA doesnā€™t have movement until a week or two into May

Withdrawing my A here! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If any accepted folks are willing to share their stats (even a range), that would be super helpful for future students. I know I for one would really appreciate it
517 MCAT, 2.8/3.2 UG GPA. 3.8 GPA in post grad. OOS no ties to NY.

What were your hours like?
I'm non-traditional so some of my hours are pretty old. For community service: 1800 hours of volley EMS, extra 175 hours in a SNF since covid. Pretty minimal traditional shadowing hours (sub 100), but I had 6 years of paid patient care experience.

The waiting for any updates on the HPA list is driving me crazy

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
The waiting for any updates on the HPA list is driving me crazy

I read on another forum that this is happening to all schools this year and it has created a domino effect. Itā€™s not just a SUNY Upstate thing.

In the past, movement started around May 18th, so this could be the week! Chin up kings and queens

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Iā€™m pretty surprised there hasnā€™t been movement, unless people whoā€™ve gotten off the HPA havenā€™t said anything?

Just was told from admissions that my position on HPA ā€œ[hasnā€™t been reached] in many years and [we] do not anticipate reaching it this yearā€ so for any non-HPA applicants, the prospects arenā€™t looking strong. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone wondering

Just was told from admissions that my position on HPA ā€œ[hasnā€™t been reached] in many years and [we] do not anticipate reaching it this yearā€ so for any non-HPA applicants, the prospects arenā€™t looking strong. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone wondering
Was this the first time you reached out to admissions? When I reached out they said I was in a gray area and to reach out again in June for updates about movement

Was this the first time you reached out to admissions? When I reached out they said I was in a gray area and to reach out again in June for updates about movement
Yes, i reached out today to ask a few questions and the response was basically ā€œbetter off focusing on a reapplicationā€ lol. Which again is at least a little strange since iā€™m HPA. Youā€™d expect HPA to be defined by the students they plan to take off the waitlist

Is anyone aware of movement occurring on the HPA list or is that still unknownā€¦

We just received an email regarding the admissions cycle which will probably clear up all questions anyone has. Iā€™m thankful for the transparency they gave

That being said, it looks like this cycle is essentially completed at this point. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the cycle, the next one, or whatever the future holds

Well that email sucked
Yeah itā€™s disappointing, but itā€™s better than being left in the dark the rest of the summer. Iā€™m glad they broke down the numbers too. Most schools would never share that info. Best we could ask for in this situation

Do you think their accepted number will change dramatically once more waitlists start moving? Because it seems like a lot of schools are late for waitlists